Moroccan Chicken Tajine Recipe
This delicious Chicken Tajine recipe uses Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Chicken Chermoula to create a Moroccan dish. It makes the perfect meal for the whole family.
200gm jar Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Chicken Chermoula
1 kg chicken cutlets (thighs on the bone) or marylands
1 large onion, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tin diced tomato
8 prunes cut in half, or any dried fruit
½ cup green olives, pitted
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Up to 1 tablespoon Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Moroccan Harissa or to taste (optional for chili lovers)
Fresh coriander leaf chopped for garnish
100g toasted slivered almonds
Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Couscous Kit to serve
1. Mix the chicken with the contents of the jar of Chicken Chermoula Moroccan Marinade and set aside to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Fry the onion in the oil until softened in a large heavy saucepan with a lid.
3. Add the diced tomato and cook 10 minutes.
4. Add the chicken, along with all the marinade, cover and cook for 2 hours on low heat. Halfway through the cooking add the prunes and olives.
5. When fully cooked, remove from the heat and skim excess fat from the surface.
6. Stir through the honey, cinnamon and the Moroccan Harissa to your taste.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander and toasted almonds and serve with Couscous.